SAVMI Innovation Award
A NEW award designed to recognize those that bring creative, original, and practical ideas to life. The Innovation Award will be given to a maintenance shop or individual that has created or dramatically modified a tool, or designed a procedure or technology that helps make their operation more efficient, safe, and/or effective.
• Must be a current SAVMI ski area or supplier member.
• Nomination form must be received by nomination deadline.
• Nomination is limited to one per company.
• Nominated ski areas do not receive a complimentary full-conference registration.
• The SAVMI Board of Directors will review all nomination applications and will vote on the award recipient.
Tim Crouse Memorial Award
(Mechanic of the Year)
2019 Mechanic of the Year Recipient
On July 7, 1999, Timothy Crouse of Power Motive and formerly of Cummins Rocky Mountain, Grand Junction, passed away in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Timothy will be missed by friends and business associates alike, as he was one of a kind in the ski area vehicle maintenance industry. Tim was always there to help, train, support, and assist in getting the job done. He was an outstanding individual and respected by all of his associates. In honor of Tim, the SAVMI Board of Directors voted to change the Mechanic of the Year Award to the Tim Crouse Memorial Award. This award is given to a SAVMI member who has demonstrated mechanical and technical excellence in the field of ski area vehicle maintenance.
• Nominee must be a current SAVMI ski area member and working in the field of Vehicle Maintenance a mechanic or technician.
• Employee’s Supervisor must submit a nomination form in which he/she explains the nominee’s abilities concerning:
~ Safety awareness,
~ Ability to work with others,
~ Contributions to the department and/or company, and
~ Knowledge and/or interest in learning new technology.
• Nomination is limited to one person per ski area. The nominee will receive a complimentary full-conference registration.
• Nomination form. must be received by nomination deadline.
• The SAVMI Board of Directors will review all nomination letters and will vote on the award recipient.